Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Soup, Singing, and soft rain ( shhh....)


Emma is singing to Indelible
Grace's CD and doing her math.
Two soups are on: Potato and
Red Pepper. Hymns , sweet smelling
kitchen and soft rain outside.
Tea cup is empty! Must fill it
and enjoy the quiet. Good day
today with "The Quality of Mercy is
not strain'd, it droppeth as the gentle
rain of heaven...." Recitations. Students
did well, well, almost all did. I was
proud of them. There's something
about the line "when mercy seasons
justice " that hits deep in my soul.
Our country needs a bit of that , don't
you think!

By the way, the audio of The Guernsey
Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
is absolutely delightful. Great British
readers of the letters. I'm in for another
treat and I already know the story!
Makes the day feels more British....rain,
tea, accents, hymns!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say we need to be neighbors so that I can peek into your kitchen window to see all of this wonderful coziness!

Love this post. :)

podso said...

I wish I could have been at your house today! Out in the rain, I thought of making soup all day! Thank you for a peek inside your life today. I do miss our weekly times together!

Danielle said...

It makes me smile to read this and imagine your cozy afternoon!