Monday, August 11, 2008

The blessings of being spontaneous



A very good friend is moving
next week. TO Denver. That
state where my husband was
born. That state with those
gorgeous mountains that
have lakes up on elevations!
I was very close to her house
tonight near 9:00 and called
to stop by! I got to hug her kids
and her home once more. She
plays the cello so they are driving
it to Colorado with the dog!
Here's a haiku she sent me
recently:


haikus are easy
but sometimes they don't make sense
refrigerator.

Maybe when we have lunch
later this week at a bookstore
where many lunches have been,
it won't be so hard to say
Goodbye! I don't think so.
Not when friendship is deep
and dear and spontaneous
like tonight.



1 comment:

walking said...

What a sweet poem!

We lived in Florissant, CO for 18 months and I loved every minute of it. Colorado was where my love of nature kicked in!