Monday, December 13, 2010

Gratitide this Advent


It is bitterly cold today.
Even more in the mountains
where one of my sons is
finishing up exams. He is
bracing for weather that is
now feels like -10 with the chill
factor. Not sure when this
guy will get home for Christmas!
Surely by the end of the week.


The Messiah was extraordinary
this past weekend at our church.
It was a drama of Handel's life with
choir, soloists , and strings from the
Charlotte Symphony ~~ I've heard
this performance 3 times now and
my eyes still well up with tears at the
beauty. Surely......

"Surely, He Hath Borne Our Griefs/And with His Stripes/All We Like Sheep," 1741

Text from the Bible

I'm thankful for my husband's job that
comes up to 30 years next week. He could
retire but he has some work that greatly
interests him next year with the Big Blue!
Our children are celebrating by taking us
out to dinner. They are thankful which is
a blessing. Tim Keller has a great definition
of blessing but it is in the car and in a book
that is in the car.........and it is too cold to
go out to get it. I'll post it this week!




No comments: