Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Gift of the Magi


One son is giving the gift of his
hands ~~ handmade gifts to his
girlfriend. She is an artist so has
made him many fun things!
He said " Maybe I will knit her
a scarf." Mind you, he has only
knit once , way back in homeschooling
for our handwork.

He did do a lengthy project on
chain mail ~~ a knight's headpiece
and hood that covers the shoulders.

What he did yesterday:
made an audio book for her.
Harry Potter!

It reminds me of The Gift of the Magi
by O'Henry...........that good Greensboro
writer. He is one of my husband's
favorite writers.

We read The Best Christmas Pageant
Ever last year with all the kids and
their female friends ( one wife). This
may be the story this year , around
a holiday dinner.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/bibleandculture/gift_of_the_magi_400.jpg

3 comments:

melissa said...

This post makes me smile. Reminds me of my favorite present ever from Gary. Last Christmas he bought one of those black/white composition books and pasted in all the cards I'd given him over our married life. It was full! Brought tears to my eyes that he'd kept all of them.

Thanks for bringing a happy into my day, sweet Bonnie. :)

Bonnie said...

THAT is a wonderful, wonderful gift!
That makes me smile!

tonia said...

so sweet! I love, love, love handmade gifts.

Bonnie, your talent for choosing art and words is such a rich source of blessing to me. I come here and I am astonished at all the fragments you have gathered, all the bits of beauty. I want to keep them all too!

Thank you for your precious friendship. I have a PLAN to get back on track with letter-writing after christmas, so I promise a letter will come your way again! :)

Merry Christmas to you and much love.

tonia