Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas


That is what my son up in school
up in the mountains texted by
a photo of SNOW covering the ground.
Just wet here and cold. 26 DEGREES~

I started Traveling with Pomegranates
by Sue Monk Kidd and Ann Kidd
Taylor: a mother daughter memoir.
Beautifully written and fascinating.
It reveals a story about their lack of
intimacy ~~~ I haven't read The Secret
of the Bees or others by the South
Carolina writer. I will . She crafts her
sentences and metaphors and images
beautifully. It has brought the wind
of the Spirit to my heart to pray for those
mother daughters who struggle.

Traveling with Pomegranates: A Mother-Daughter Story

3 comments:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Of her stories I especially loved The Secret Life of Bees...and the movie too. Her other two memoirs that I know of and read are When the Heart Waits (loved it) and The Dance of the Dissident Daughter (interesting, and dissident!)

Bonnie said...

Thanks Sara.... new author for me but I've heard what you wrote.
I'm encouraged by your words!

L.L. Barkat said...

Mother-daughter memoir. What a cool idea!