Thursday, April 24, 2008

Could not put it down


That's what happened today to Emma
( almost 11) with a book we have been
reading together: The Journey of a
Princess. We spent the afternoon at
Winghaven Gardens with a friend.
( She's the Supper of the Lamb friend)
It's a tradition to pack a picnic lunch
and go be inspired by the beauty.
On the way, Emma finished the book
because the story was so good and near
the end and you know....you have to keep
reading! I had to read it right after dinner.
AND she is right. Even her older brother
heard all about King Alfred's daughter ,
Estrid (
Ælfthryth) , and what happened to
her. Actually, she told anyone who talked
to her after finishing. I'm thinking of books
that I've done that ....just couldn't stop
talking about them.
How about you?



3 comments:

Rhondi said...

Hi Bonnie
What a coincidence that you were at Wing Haven today! I wonder if I did help you? I worked there all day and I was mostly in the perennial section. It's nice to meet another blogger from Charlotte!
Hugs, Rhondi

Anonymous said...

It's very nice to hear about your daughter's enthusiasm for her book. I've been known to follow family members around (even into the necessary room) trying to tell them about a book that I have loved.

Nan said...

That's so funny. I was just talking to some friends yesterday about how I've been so absorbed in Truman by David McCullough that I'm forever saying, Truman said this, Truman did that. And we have a friend who was also there who vouched for me by telling the other person how I would leave him Truman quotes on his cell, and he loved them. I did this with books I read about Theodore Roosevelt and John Adams too. Reminds me a bit of the fellow in A Man & A Woman who sings the samba song and makes his wife feel like she took the trip with him.