Thursday, January 16, 2014

a blog and the opera tonight


Passing on a beautiful blog  on Antwerp, Belgium. 

I nodded to this comment and said audibly, "YES, I  felt exactly the same way."
Although I wasn't in Antwerp ( my son visited while in London) , but I had these 
thoughts  in London:

 I almost prayed for some kind of cataclysmic weather event that would keep us trapped there forever

A Bloomsbury Life


If we're bringing back knobby ornamental doors and rugs on tables, can we also bring back dusky medieval jewel tones like brown sapphire, smoky topaz, ruby and carnelian?

Going to the Student Night at the Opera. I was offered a ticket ( 5.00) at 2:00 
for tonight's 7:00. I just happened to be free.  Note the very last word is one of 
the books this semester in my class. Perking up for the Spirit to teach me more 


 Il Trittico 

Il Trittico is a triptych of one-act operas by Giacomo Puccini commissioned by the Metropolitan Opera.

Il Trittico premiered on December 14, 1918 at the Metropolitan Opera.

Performed in Italian with English titles.

The libretto for Il Tabarro is by Giuseppe Adami, based on the play La houppelande by Didier Gold.

The libretto for Suor Angelica is by Giovacchino Forzano.

The libretto for Gianni Schicchi is by Giovacchino Forzano, based on an episode in Dante's Inferno.



3 comments:

podso said...

Oh I envy you the opera tonight. I even looked online but maybe tonight is just for students. A young homeschooling friend is taking her son. They listened to opera all day at home in preparation. :-)

Bonnie said...

Come with us next time!!

melissa said...

In church that looks like that, there is no need to listen to the spoken Word. The setting speaks volumes, least to my heart.