Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Barnful of Quilts



A friend who quilts came with
down to Waxhaw, south of Charlotte
to a horse farm ( with llama's ) for
this Quilting show. Just driving
down the long driveway to the farm
was worth the drive. The highlight
was Ellen Guerrant's quilts and I
was inspired by the two knitting
stores represented in the horse
stalls! It's wonderful to come
home and feel nourished with
peacefulness AND to want to make
something besides dinner! I do like
that too, but that is everyday and
creating with your hands is a different
kind of nourishment. Sort of like
getting a letter in the mail. It's from
the heart.

2 comments:

Linda said...

A horse stall is about the perfect place for just about anything, I think! What a fun day you must have had.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Wow, I went to the Ellen Guerrant website - what an amazing collection of quilts. I have never made a quilt but have quilter friends...and those first few in her "bits and pieces from my heart" collection are stunning...

Just want to say I always enjoy the beauty of your blog, the art and the comments. I appreciate the peace and inspirational content. Thanks for sharing this with the rest of us.