Friday, June 20, 2008

A Smile


I got Dodie Smith's next book from
the library before heading to the
Childlight Conference last week. Just
barely got started. Today I see my
blogging friend has started it too.
"The New Moon with the Old."
I'm encouraged by her thoughts
already to pick it up this weekend
while I'm here.
We'll pick blueberries and keep on
with the scrapbook we barely started
two years ago in honor of my Mom.
It spurred us onto a wonderful geneology
path to find those still alive to answer that
great question: WHO is that in the photo?!
Doing this while my husband and two sons are
out seeing where Ken's childhood was
spent. They flew out yesterday and were
pressured ( by me) to go to De Smet. Laura's
Ingall's Wilder's home before she got married
and after. I think The Long Winter and The
Little Town on the Prairie and The Golden
Happy Years and Silver Lake and the First
Four Years...five of her books were lived
there.

1 comment:

podso said...

You will rest with a view like that! Not to mention your sister nearby and the memories that will come as you scrapbook! And Emma will be in on it. I'll look forward to hearing how you like the book!