Sunday, May 5, 2013

A poem for the Sabbath


It is a very steel grey Sabbath.
Heat is on in the house. 
Soon, heat will be outside the house. 
We will be sweating. 
Today , we are reminded of God's Sovereignty. 
He brings us rain to grow the earth. 
He gives us our daily bread. 

Here is Rebecca of  The Little Boots Litanies with a poem for the Sabbath:

The Lord is my shepherd.

I am made calm
by the strong turn of his fingers
round the staff that collects me
into His company.

(Continue here.)

and young moms can read her on The Story Warren
as she remembers those days with toddlers.

I am going to meet her tonight. She is in town to hear
Sally Lloyd Jones, author of these books. Going to meet Sally too.

I absolutely love these  lines in Sally's bio: 


Sally lives in Manhattan and enjoys dividing her time between the front half of her apartment and the back. 

Every day she is grateful she gets to do what she loves. lt’s her dream come true.





_

No comments: