Saturday, April 16, 2011

Lewis quote on words

"Isn't it funny the way some combinations of words can give you - almost apart from their meaning - a thrill like music?"


Humming tunes from recent
musical shows that my daughter
was in AND half of my students
did a Musical Theater: Sound of
Music , Music Man, Cinderella,
and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
( or is it the other way around!)
So today I'm humming
Pick a little, talk a little, cheep, cheep,
cheep, talk alot , pick a little more.

AND I love a piano .....

AND Birdland which the Teen Choir
did on Thursday night!

Manhattan Transfer's fabulous
version here.
Our favorite since college.
( long time ago!)

Just checked. Manhattan Transfer
will be in Boone in late July!
Closer than NYC ~~ although that
would be a fun summer trip!
Got to get tickets!


1 comment:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

I learned about Manhattan Transfer from my musician husband....love their sound!

Just stopped by to wish you a blessed Holy Week and Easter.