Thursday, February 11, 2010

Have you seen Masterpiece Theater's Austen Men or House


Emma and I are looking at the wonderful
new things on Masterpiece Theater.
Austen's Men is fun. We giggled at the
incomes and who is the most wealthy
and what they like and don't like. We
have our favorites and favorites of who
played in which version.

Also her house is most interesting.

We agree with Romola Garai's
take on Emma. Of course we like
Emma. My Emma is named for her!
I was taken with Austen's portrayal
of repentance in Emma's character.

Don't miss the Behind the Scenes of
this most recent version. One quote by
Mr. Weston: This era has a certain
grace. ( yes, indeed)

3 comments:

podso said...

I watched the "new" Emma on MT, but didn't see all the other things you are mentioning

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Thank you for all those links. I enjoyed them immensely. The salaries were an eye opener...wow!

I loved the series on PBS...though I missed part one.

melissa said...

I enjoyed that. :) Picked Frederick Wentworth, but have to admit to liking Ciaran Hinds in it years ago even better. :sigh: