Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Butter....and Julia


I think I saw Julie and Julia 4 times in the theater then I've watched it up to a dozen times since then.I still find it funny, beautiful, and can keep hearing so many lines even when I know they are coming!So did Nora Ephron when she directed and wrote it. 



Then there is the soundtrack which I do have. I feel better putting it on even while cooking. Here are some of the actors on  Thoughts on Food:



 HAPPY EATING
and here.  
happy birthday Julia. 

Julia Child: [on her book being published by Knopf] Is it kuh-NA-pf or NOFF?
Paul Child: Who cares!

Paul Child: [to Julia] You are the butter to my bread, you are the breath to my life.

Julia Child: You and I are vaches enragées.
Simone Beck: That's exactly what we are. Mad cows. 

Bon Appetit!



2 comments:

melissa said...

I love Stanley Tucci. Just love him. :) Thanks for the treat of the videos.

debbie bailey said...

I just love that movie and want to watch it again very soon. I haven't watched it as much as you but have hit maybe four times. I love looking at her kitchens, especially the one in France.