Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Halfway through the week


I'm not sure if I will keep
Carl Larsson's painting on
the headliner. I may need
something more Christmas-y
or need an angel! Need a bit
more time to seek something
for this season.

I've been thinking much upon
Eph. 2:10

For we are his workmanship, created
in Christ Jesus unto good works, which
God hath before ordained that we should
walk in them.

It is when people turn up in places
unexpectedly or an idea strikes you
to do something for someone within
a few hours AND ..... thinking upon
deeds as an outworking of a calling.
I was amazed to find my oldest brother
(he just turned 64 and I'm one of 8)
from Texas ( although he was in NC
for a funeral) AT my sister's house
Sat. night as we came through after
the memorial service for the week old
baby. That baby certainly in one week
had the effectual work of the hope of the
Gospel. They were saying it was holy ground
at the hospital. God be praised. And I was
blessed to see my brother this year. It
was the first time this year and the year
is almost over. My sister providing for
us in a day's notice.....those good works
ordained, surrounding two deaths.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bonnie,
Thanks so much for what you shared here about me "showing up"!!
I can't believe that was the first time we saw each other in 2008 but I guess it was!!
Love from "the eldest"!!
Jock