Friday, July 25, 2008

Beach Books


Beth asked "What books I am taking"
and I have to finish a few I'm halfway
through:

Modern Art and the Death of a Culture

Excellent on worldview and
the changes in art into modernity.

Wise Blood
Image:M-3382.jpg



Reading up on O'Connor for
next year's literature. This one
is quite racy but I know she will
bring a point of redemption at the
end.

Teaching Redemptively: Bringing Grace and Truth Into Your Classroom



In "Education is a Life" at
the Childlight Conf. , this was
recommended. Also In Praise
of Slowness by Carl Honare. I
read that years ago and may do
a reread of that. I kept thinking
about this title so I'm sure the Lord
has a treasure in it for me.

The Antiquary (Oxford World's Classics)




Will start this to be ahead
of my students in the fall.

I'm also doing a reread to join
the book discussion at The Bower:


Gift from the Sea: 50th Anniversary Edition








And my Bible , journal,
and hopefully something
light to read for beach time!
Plus I picked up some knitting
books at the library today.
My friend Amber was making
the most gorgeous log cabin
spread. It is so beautiful in the
yarn she's doing and she got
the pattern in this book. I'm
taking yarn and just finished
a washable linen washcloth from
Melanie Falick's Knitter's Stash.

Mason Dixon Knitting








No comments: