Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Hallelujah Chorus



It sang in my head as I left
Target today! My , what an un-
expected thing of God. We went
out to look for a skirt for Emma to
wear tomorrow under her choir
robe. It's Easter so something new
is always nice. She's SO hard to fit now
and in Junior sizes ~~ all sorts of sizes!
It's laborious to find clothes. I prayed
as we went in ( I don't do this on
Saturdays when the whole working force
is out) and on the sale rack we found shorts
and a skirt to fit. I could NOT believe it!

I told my dear husband who has tilled our
garden today about the Hallelujah Chorus.
We'll hear it tomorrow ~~ the choir is singing
it! The bookends of song are Christ the Lord is
Risen Today at the beginning of the service
to the end being the Hallelujah Chorus!
Gives me goose bumps. Tears of joy will flow!


manuscript --1741

Image from the score of 'Messiah' Autograph composition draft, 'Hallelujah Chorus' 'Messiah': autograph composition draft, 'Amen Chorus'
George Frideric Handel, London, 1741


4 comments:

podso said...

Prayer always makes shopping better for me. Great story! Thanks ... Maybe I'll be there tomorrow and see that skirt !!!

Joyce said...

How funny! That's pretty much the way our serivce went!

Bonnie said...

HI Joyce,

I glanced at your blog to see
who you are and will return!
Love the title! So I'm sure I
will be blessed. It's that way
in the blog world. Interesting
form of communication , isn't it!

Bonnie
Charlotte

Linda said...

I saw that very manuscript at the British Library in 2006! It gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes - I don't even know how to describe it.

By the way, I always pray for the Lord's guidance when I shop, but not because I'm so spiritual. I just don't like to shop for clothes!