- woke up thinking about Wendell Berry's Jefferson Lecture in 2011.
Listened and used half of it for class today. Students started short stories
to learn the power of STORY and the imagination. Berry defines imagination.
We looked up three words in an etymology dictionary: create, imagine, think.
- Looked up a wonderful old book that Chesterton wrote about in an essay:
On America. We had read it before Break. It opens with the bells tolling
for Lincoln's death in Washington. Close your eyes and imagine.
- started to teach my students about living books and the power of Story
- found some wonderful hardbacks of children's books at a thrift store
- rain while dusk arrives to darken the world is ablaze with color
- I love this time of day
- getting lighter later
You found an E. Nesbit at the thrift store? Lucky!
I have her books in paperback so this was a treasure.
Yes, we like those books too!
I always enjoy reading her. Thank you for sharing these tidbits here.
Post a Comment