Monday, May 21, 2012

laundry and the last week of school


“The ordinary activities I find most compatible with contemplation are walking, baking bread, and doing laundry." ( Kathleen Norris from  The Quotidian Mysteries)



 Somehow the baskets are overflowing. Last week was "getting ready for Dr. George Grant to dinner with students/ parents" in our Kings Meadow Charlotte tutorial. It was at my house.  He shared, among many other things, about journaling and how the brain must tell back what it knows.  I am continual struck by his vision, wisdom, and orthopraxy. He always reminds  me of the Schaeffers. (L'Abri) 

Not making bread today. Hope to take a walk. Having coffee with a friend. Doing laundry and contemplating as I go.


3 comments:

melissa said...

Love the quote...Kathleen Norris is a personal favorite.

Enjoy your day. We finished our schoolwork last week, so today is my first mentally free day in ages. I think you and I are on the same page. :)

(wish I was the one meeting you for a coffee!)

Bonnie said...

NOW that would be fun Melissa!

debbie bailey said...

I've read this book as well as the others she's written. My favorite is The Cloister Walk.