Sunday, June 14, 2009

Summer.........


I'm looking forward to this
next week as summer arrives
and with it is TIME. Unscheduled
time after a wonderful conference
that needs to have reflection and
simmering so the ideas will transform
me deeply. I roomed with a friend's
mother who is my age. She told me she
wakes early in the summer to hear
the world wake up..........the birds,
the ground hog,
and then at night
the night sounds
fill the darkness , almost keeping it
awake. She lives far up in the
Appalachian Mts. Listen ....
and be thankful as Whitefoot was in
Wendell Berry's book:

"Her sleep was an act of faith and a giving of thanks." ~p. 21

I joined The Gratitude Community
and will continue to post my
giving of thanks!
I will share the tiny
details during the conference of God's
presence. I will call them Parking
Spot answers! ( to come)



I started reading this book:

This Momentary Marriage: A Parable of Permanence





2 comments:

podso said...

You are a well spring of this past week! And now to some summer rest!

walking said...

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one."

C.S. Lewis