Sunday, August 24, 2008

Anonymous Quote



Found this quote while
decluttering yesterday on
a 4 by 6 card in my hand
writing:

Pragmatism and an industrial-
sized busyness denigrate every-
thing that can't squeeze out of a
calculator. The first thing to die
under such circumstances is
a passion for beauty.

School starts in a week for us.
The busyness gears back up
but I've tried to keep empty
space in my days. It gets dark
earlier now. We all were a bit
sad tonight
as Autumn approaches
and summer says THE END.


The First Lesson, Carl Larsson


The First Lesson, 1903 Giclee Print by Carl Larsson

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your quote is right on target. Beauty IS the first thing to get ignored.

I find that I absolutely crave pretty things when life gets too busy. Just crave it. Must be a strong need, or it wouldn't hit me so hard.

walking said...

That sounds like a great way to introduce your talk at next year's Charlotte Mason Conference as the topic is BEAUTY! :-)

Bonnie said...

Have to remember that Tammy!

Bonnie