Thursday, October 12, 2017
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
I can't believe I skipped September on this blog.
I put my daughter and her roommate on a plane early this morning bound for
school in NYC.( just dropped them off if that is what " put them on a plane" means nowadays) It's quiet now. Not sure I like this empty nest but it is what it is and I have
much to be thankful for. I need to remember that big word: thankful.
Updates on life:
- second grand due in Feb.
- a girl, another granddaughter
- first granddaughter is almost 9 months old
- she is sitting up
- classes I teach are going well
- I am learning alot from teaching these kids who age from 12 - 18.
- I froze broccoli and green beans this morning
-love my new pastor: Kevin DeYoung
- from him is this : I am not the Christ
- he makes me laugh
- Our God loves laughter
- Reading Jan Karon's new book and Saint Francis by Elizabeth Goudge
- also lots with my students: The Faerie Queene by Spencer, Plutarch, Macbeth, and Beowulf
- what else? wonderful pumpkin tarts at Amelies! ( local french bakery and cafe)
Wednesday, August 30, 2017
The word "new" is a good one. New mercies every morning.
Add an "S" and you have news:
Here's the news:
-The Little Bookroom Lending Library is opening next week for membership
- Several homeschool moms are coming.
- I teach two classes next week , actually, three. School begins. New Year.
- Another Grand is on the way and she is a girl! Due in late Feb. to #3 son and his wife!
by Carl Larsson
Thursday, August 10, 2017
"Restlessness, from being a good servant, might become a hard master; indeed he sometimes does become so....the Daemon of Restlessness possesses [people], and they cannot settle to any kind of work or play because they always want to be doing something else. This is a very unfortunate state to get into, because it is only by going on doing one thing steadily that we learn to do it well, whether it be cricket or algebra; so it is well to be on the watch for the moment when Restlessness, the good servant, turns into Restlessness, the unquiet Daemon who drives us about from post to pillar, and will not give us firm standing ground anywhere in life." (Ourselves, p. 19 by Charlotte Mason)
Is school starting soon where you live?
Saturday, July 8, 2017
about a month!
Here's a quote to muse on and if you have read the book, I would like
to hear your thoughts:
"The miraculous survival of goodness was the theme of her life."
- Humboldt's Gift
It could be this line is just something I saw and want to know more.
Getting the book from the library to see.
Onward: 39 years to celebrate with my college sweetheart who I actually
knew from afar in high school. He had a crush on me!
fron The Murmuring Cottage
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Thursday, June 8, 2017
Getting ready to give two workshops in Kentucky at the Charlotte Mason Institute Conference... boy, is that a mouthful. One on writing poetry and the other on
moving from here to there: middle school to high school. I leave next week and have
a new friend going with me : a young mom. Dick Keyes of L'Abri is the speaker. I have
heard him many times at L'Abri conferences. He even has been to a dinner at my house
many years ago when he came to Charlotte and we had L'Abri talks at a local venue.
He was down to Gordan Comwell Seminary and we snatched him up to talk one evening. He will be talking on the Imagination. Would appreciate prayers.