Monday, January 2, 2012

First Week of 2012

It has a nice ring to it this New Year Number: 2012.
"The Year of Weddings"  in our house: two this next 6 months. 

I started reading through some of Michael Dirda's  books. This one was already copyrighted to 2012 when I opened it last night:










I haven't seen the new  Sherlock Holmes movie yet.
Some of my kids have. We did see The Adventures of Tintin and if your kids grew up on those comic books, it is very worth seeing so they can relived the stories. My sons got the books out that we had collected and started rereading them! Also saw Midnight in Paris: very Woody Allen. I would love to see it again to catch more of the wit and innuendos. We've already seen Season 2 of Downtown Abbey and know the ending  BUT rewatching it on Masterpiece Theater. 

College son still here. He starts back later than most being at a school in the NC mts. We think they save on heating bills although today is the first cold during the holidays.


Epiphany ahead. 

2 comments:

melissa said...

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, how'd you see Season 2 of Downton Abbey? I'm jealous! :)

walking said...

When my husband was growing up, he and his buddies all wanted to BE Tintin. Needless to say, he and David went to see it and loved it! LOL