Monday, June 7, 2010

Looking forward to


Monday Gratitude:

I'm thankful for you who read
this. I love the way a blog can
be corrected once it is posted.
I love a pen most and beautiful
paper. I have started corresponding
with Tonia at Study in Brown.
That is on paper crossing the nation
as she lives in Oregon. Read her
blog if you haven't. Right now she
is cooking vegetarian!

I head off to the Childlight Conference
on Weds. afternoon. I meet up with
several women who I only see once a
year. They have become dear sort of
friends. Friendship has so many levels.
These are the ones who are working
towards Education. Education is a Life.
I look forward to see Melanie from
Red Mountain Community School in
Birmingham. There is a lovely new
website.
She is a Wendell Berry fan and one of
those person's that I heard speak and
I had read so , so many of the same books.
I tend to gravitate towards like mindedness!
I'll see her this week! We love to examine
time and living unhurried.

Whatever is foreseen in joy
Must be lived out from day to day.
Vision held open in the dark
By our ten thousand days of work.
Harvest will fill the barn; for that
The hand must ache, the face must sweat.

And yet no leaf or grain is filled
By work of ours; the field is tilled
And left to grace. That we may reap,
Great work is done while we’re asleep.

When we work well, a Sabbath mood
Rests on our day, and finds it good.

Wendell Berry The Sabbath Poems

I am thankful!

holy experience

2 comments:

podso said...

And I am thankful for you, my reader and my friend, and I am thankful for your nourishing blog. So you have a real-pen pal! How fun! And now I know the answer to when you leave. And, no babysitting for me on Monday--the very latest. Will pray for you.

beth said...

Have a lovely time at the conference, Bonnie. I'll miss seeing all the dear ones who are there. I'll be heading to Oklahoma on Wednesday for a weekend of soccer with Joel and Matthew. It's rather a surprise that this is happening - a fun and exciting surprise.