Monday, June 14, 2010

Giving thanks

I thought today was tomorrow.
I opened Morning and Evening
by Spurgeon this morning and read
June 15th. I soaked in these words
concerning this verse:

“And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me.”

Genesis 21:6

I would have all those that hear of my great deliverance from hell, and my most blessed visitation from on high, laugh for joy with me. I would surprise my family with my abundant peace; I would delight my friends with my ever-increasing happiness; I would edify the Church with my grateful confessions; and even impress the world with the cheerfulness of my daily conversation. Bunyan tells us that Mercy laughed in her sleep, and no wonder when she dreamed of Jesus; my joy shall not stop short of hers while my Beloved is the theme of my daily thoughts. The Lord Jesus is a deep sea of joy: my soul shall dive therein, shall be swallowed up in the delights of his society. Sarah looked on her Isaac, and laughed with excess of rapture, and all her friends laughed with her; and thou, my soul, look on thy Jesus, and bid heaven and earth unite in thy joy unspeakable.

I am thankful school days are over and summer
is here. We had a graduation party for Gordan
on Saturday night , just as I got back from
the Childlight Conference that day at lunch!
I am so thankful for friends and family who
came from afar to celebrate with us.
AND for an excellent conference that touches
my soul in it's nourishment. More on that soon.


Gratitude Monday from Holy Experience.

2 comments:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

My favorite line:

The Lord Jesus is a deep sea of joy: my soul shall dive therein, shall be swallowed up in the delights of his society.

Amen!

Nancy Kelly said...

Bonnie,
I, too, and thankful for God's provision and grace in providing me with friends and family.
Thanks for hauling the books for me to use at my talk. It was so wonderful to see you - we just need more time to catch up. I put a picture of us up on my blog.
Miss you,
Nancy