Monday, June 28, 2010

Giving Thanks



It is HOT. My husband and two
of our sons are back from a
wilderness trip in the Northwest.
Safely home. A bit dazed from the
travel and time change. Safe.
It is a word we all love.
I am thankful.

Do you find particulars in a day
amazing? They bring awe.
It is even in the
tiny details of finding a book:
from Sara's blog , I just happened upon
"IN and Out of the Garden."
while having coffee at Julia's Coffee Shop
which is in a Habitat Restore, right in
the book room. I wanted to call Sara.
She's on the other side of the nation.
Coast to coast so to speak. We've never met.
Have you ever had that happen with a blogger?!

I'm thankful to have a pool . That is because
it is excellent for my joints and hips. One
needs to become more limber SO I don't have
to have a replacement again. That is what
I'm hoping. So I'm working on those particular
joints. Today they felt better. I am thankful.

Thankful Second Son is graduating on Friday
from the Police Academy. Now to pray more as
he hits the streets for 3 months in training.

Tammy Glaser
came into town!
What a blessing! Check out her blog if
you need help with Special Needs. Check it out
even if you don't! Lots of wisdom and good things
to learn in homeschooling.

It's even hot inside with the air on!
How to be thankful for that? Any ideas?

From In and Out of the Garden, by Sara Midda

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517AGrjG30L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg




holy experience

3 comments:

podso said...

Came here to check if your men were home from their adventure. I'm sure they'll have tales to tell after they rest up AND adjust to the HEAT. It's supposed to get better, and yes, it's hot even inside. Thankful with you today

walking said...

I bet they had a grand time! The Northwest is gorgeous and majestic.

I'm so glad God arranged all of our schedules for us so that we were able to fellowship and eat such a delicious meal together!

From the Kitchen said...

Best wishes to your son in his new work. May God keep him safe.

Best,
Bonnie