Monday, July 13, 2015

monday's day



 Annie Dillard says, “How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."



A peek into my stay at home day 
which has been very fruitful. 
One of those days where you feel
sort of accomplished and good not 
to run around.

- read I Chronicles. Chapter 21:1 says
Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel.
The word " incited" made me stop and see 
what happened. Kind of scary, if you ask
me. If you had asked me this this morning, I would say
"be gone" to Satan. David does take a census.
Satan incited him.  

- talked with a good friend who lives in Chapel Hill

-wrote letters

- a load of laundry hung out to dry

- made a nice lunch for my husband

- got a fall calendar for a middle school class 
done and have started to name it and work on 
it. Wednesdays this fall... 

- organizing books 

- looking ahead:  daughter's 18th birthday on friday

- nice pace to the day and here we are at dinner
and have to think of what to have! 


2 comments:

melissa said...

Life sounds full, but very good. For some reason, this post brought me comfort. Not unusual around these parts. :)

podso said...

That sounds like a wonderful day to me. I always smile when I think of clothes drying on your line. And Emma is 18 this week. Just amazing the time passing.