from the murmuring cottage tumblr
Another peek into my day:
- got up early to read :
an unpublished book by Anne White
which will be launched soon. Stay tuned.
She is one of the Ambleside Online founders
and an expert on Plutarch. I am teaching
Plutarch in two classes in the fall. Easy with
her lessons here and to make good citizens.
I started another book yesterday and almost halfway
through. Mary Norris is a copy editor for the The New Yorker.
I am reading it to see if I could use it for my high
school class. Not using it but I do like a few of her
tips. I have a list of books she mentions to look at now.
Here is an article Mary Norris wrote in The
New Yorker. The magazine is for readers so the
article is long.
- read to young kids at a refuge center
and then put bag after bag of clothing
on hangers in the free clothing store
- latte at a local coffee shop afterwards
- yesterday I went to one of those "5.00 a bag"
booksales and came home with 3 bags
- daughter turning 18 tomorrow and she has plans
with friends and family's turn is Saturday night
- long prayer list these days
- potatoes cooked to make potato salad
- laundry on the line
- Gilmore Girls on Netflix still continuing in the evenings.
If you did or are watching the show , here is a
NY Times article on July 13, 2015: