Saturday, July 4, 2015
good for the soul
- a new short story by Wendell Berry just published
and I will read it today. Print it to keep it tucked in
one of his books, possibly A Place in Time.
- my childhood home went on the market after 47 years
when we moved from New York to North Carolina. Same
family stayed there for that long. I have been chasing memories since yesterday and get to look inside on virtual tours.
- cookouts: small family one tonight and a group of old
friends last night
- The Gilmore Girls: onto Season 3 and Rory going to college and anticipating my youngest leaving next month
- blueberries from my neighbors bushes
- kept my son's corgi overnight
- very , very good first part of my friend's plenary at the Charlotte Mason conference and Liz got a 2 minute standing ovation : Vision for Children
- Happy 4th!
My sister and I shared the far left room at the top and there was a door to my parents room so I think this was probably set up as a nursery when built in the 1920's. I would love to see the walk-in closet of that room. So many
nooks and crannies ....