Wednesday, April 30, 2014

thinking upon sisters



In writing my sister a letter this morning, 
I was left with the thoughts of sisters.
What if we had another one?
What if we had 4 others like we do brothers?
Six brothers.

What if my daughter had a sister?
She has 4 others who are brothers.
What if?

I think there is the beginning of a story. 
I am reading Ann Patchett's new book 
and it is a book of essays that have been 
published in various magazines and journals. 
I adore her writing! 

The title essay is very good and not what I expected.
I hope to meet her one day because she has made me 
laugh and made me think.

..... the story of my marriage, which is the great joy and astonishment of my life, is too much like a fairy tale, the German kind, unsweetened by Disney.” 
― Ann PatchettThis Is the Story of a Happy Marriage



2 comments:

podso said...

You are blessed with a wonderful sister. And you grew up knowing how to handle boys, which stood you in good stead for your boys!

Gail said...

If we had another sister, we wouldn't have the relationship we have. It would be divided with another sister, possibly enhanced. Interesting to ponder. Never thought about it before. Just happy with the one I've got!