Thursday, December 12, 2013
Packing up again
Yes, heading out again . This time over the Appalachain Mts. to Knoxville
for my daughter-in-law's graduation. Physician Assistant! Right in the middle or
near the middle of her two year Grad Program , she married my #3 son.
It was her two week break in June. So excited she is done and proud of her.
#4 son comes home from London on Sunday.
Things I have finished:
- My class today ended with a heraldry project of Coat of Arms showing the past, present ,
and charge( hopes ) for each family in the future. I love projects and creativity.
- Enchanted Cornwall by Daphne du Maurier. I have not read her books but somehow
found this book in the library , mainly to learn more about Cornwall. It is a memoir and
she tells all the books she read as a child , how her imagination was kindled and she
knew then she would be a writer. As an author, she met Arthur Quiller-Couch and his
daughter became a very good friend. His family asked her to finish his last manuscript ,
- suitcases from the trip are in the attic!
Things I have not finished:
- Christmas cards: slowly getting them in the mailbox. Long distances first , then
closer in to my state last.
-no tree up yet
- stack of books: Christmas ones and library books ( Shirley Hughes has a new chapter book. She wrote Alfie and Annie Rose books which I stepped into in London)
- almost done with shopping, not quite
And I fell today. This morning I hit my knees and even skinned one. I felt like I was old and young at the same time. A skinned knee is childhood and not being able to keep from falling made me feel old. My dear daughter said:
YOU are NOT old! You just walked for 10 days in London and Paris. ( isn't she sweet)
My slipper tripped me as I was going into the foyer from the kitchen and I just couldn't
stop myself from falling. Boom onto my knees. Going to be sore tomorrow and black and blue.