Sunday, March 10, 2013

Midwinter Spring



Will it last?
I am sitting outside watching the birds, reading, and writing.
Spring warmth on this very long day of sunlight as we lost an hour but gained an hour of sunlight. 

Quote from my reading in Les Miserable: ( Jean Valjean as he struggles with what to do when another Jean Valjean is caught by the police)

"One can no more prevent the mind from returning to an idea than the sea, returning to the shore.
In the case of the sailor, this is called the tide; in the case of the guilty , it is called remorse.
God upheaves the soul as well as the ocean."

" For the first time in eight years, the unhappy man had just tasted the bitter flavor of a wicked
thought and a wicked action.  He spit it out with disgust."

" Diamonds are found only in the dark placed of the earth; truths are found only in the depths of thought. It seemed to him that after having descended in to the depths, after having groped long in the blackest of this darkness, he had at least found one of the truths, and that he held it in his hand;
and it blinded him to look at it."

The actor who played the Bishop in the movie is Jean Valjean here:





1 comment:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Hello Bonnie. I'm so grateful for the seasons . . . when one begins to change into the next it is always such a pleasure. Change is good!

I've yet to see the movie. I think I shall buy it when it is released on DVD and enjoy it in my own time and watching from my own sofa.