A wonderful salad , cheese and crackers
and Fruit Pizza for dessert. My friend
brought it for our girls to make it with
blueberries, peaches and cherries.
Thank you Tina! Here's her homemade
dough , put cream cheese for cheesecake
on top and pile it with fresh fruit.
It all got eaten!
Shortcake Short Dough
1 stick butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg plus 1 egg white (I don’t include
the egg white)
1/2 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1. In food processor bowl, combine flour, sugar,
baking powder and salt. Drop in butter and
pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Pour into a bowl and set aside.
2. In a small bowl blend milk, lemon peel
and one whole egg.
3. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture, gently
mix to form a soft ball of dough. On a floured
surface, divide dough in half. Roll into 9 inch circles.
4. Prick each circle with a fork. Brush generously
with the remaining egg white, beaten.
Sprinkle tops with additional sugar.
5. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or
until golden brown.
Assemble shortcake using hot or cold shortbread.