Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tut, Tut , It Looks Like Rain



My children always said this from Winnie the Pooh when it rained.
We marvelled today, almost forgetting what rain is like.
God answered prayers! It's steady and good.

He thought for a moment and said: "I shall try to look like a small black cloud. That will deceive them." ..........

What do I look like?"
"You look like a Bear holding on to a balloon," you said.
"Not," said Pooh anxiously, "--not like a small black cloud in a blue sky?"

Well, now, if you walk up and down with your umbrella, saying, 'Tut-tut, it looks like rain,' I shall do what I can by singing a little Cloud Song, such as a cloud might sing. . . . Go!"
So, while you walked up and down and wondered if it would rain, Winnie-the-Pooh sang this song:

How sweet to be a Cloud
Floating in the Blue!


Childe Hassam:
Rain Storm, Union Square, 1890, Museum of the City of New York.

http://www.jimloy.com/arts/hassam10.jpg

2 comments:

Amber Benton said...

Wow, Bonnie! I KNEW you should have a blog, you've been writing bunches! I just finished Winnie the Pooh with Jesse and James last week and that was a favorite part with many giggles.

Bonnie said...

It's been fun!

Bonnie