Monday, November 17, 2014

busy week and stopping to do what this says



( from The Murmuring Cottage)

See ahead to this pre-Thanksgiving week and it is full.
You know how that happens , don't you!
For me, many wonderful "can't say no to" and planned a long 
time ago are this week. 

Book Club.
 Author coming to speak to my class
 Author speaking on Stories to parents.
 Writing Seminar by this author.
 Daughter's choir performance.
 Bible Study on Romans.

Leading a discussion tonight on Chapters 14 - 16 of School Education
by Charlotte Mason. 

It is raining cats and dogs. (Wouldn't that be lov-er-ly!)

Needing these words:

Psalm 108

My heart is ready , O God,
for song and melody.
Awake my soul! awake , my lute and lyre?
Let me awake the dawn.

Sandra McCracken's beautiful song : Can't Help Myself
( from Psalm 121)
and here is the video that I can't get ON THIS BLOG 

and a live performance. SO beautiful for this Monday.
Words below...



I confess the things I am afraid of: thorns and danger just around the bend
I pray for tongues of fire and bands of angels to come and circle 'round me like a fence
I lift my eyes to the hills, where comes my help?
I lift my hands--empty hands--I can't help myself
I can't help myself; no, I can't help myself

My enemies surround me like an army--within, without, the battle's raging on
I pray the Spirit will be strong and mighty for courage through the night until the dawn
I lift my eyes to the hills, where comes my help?
I lift my hands--empty hands--I can't help myself
I can't help myself; no, I can't help myself

Oh, oh................

Oh trust the Lord--my soul and all that is in me--oh trust the light to show your darkest parts
With wounds of truth and love, a friend who has known me; a fool would keep his secrets in his heart
I lift my eyes to the hills; here comes my help
I lift my hands--empty hands--I can't help myself
I can't help myself, can't help myself

Can't help myself; no, I can't help myself; I can't help myself



No comments: