Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fancy meeting you here


We are almost at the weekend. 
It is green , lush, and the lawn has needed mowing. 
Winter is gone. 

Tuesday was one of those Mitford days when I kept running into 
friends I have not seen in a long time. I walked into the library
at 3:00 and left at 4:50. Yes, I did have a pile of books but most 
of the time was running into old friends. I marvelled.

 Marvel: to evoke wonder

( I found this youtube on Jan Karon's site, Listen when you have time 
to go to Mitford in your mind)

Among my book pile:












and a stack of new Emily Dickinson books for review.  Reread on bottom two books. 



1 comment:

podso said...

G and I were just talking about that. How in a big city we feel a bit of Mitford. Maybe because we have lived here so long. But we always see someone we know up at compact car, and today I saw people at Target and at the post office! it's so nice!