Friday, December 9, 2011

The Lord sparkles the morning


I am walking around a m a z e d.
Glitter is in the air.
Angels.
I think of these lines from Richard Wilbur's poem 

'Love Calls Us to the Things of This World' which comes from St. Augustine :



                     Outside the open window   

The morning air is all awash with angels.


I have been  praying for 2 who have cancer every morning since diagnoses earlier this Fall. Now from  writing a letter to one on Tuesday , getting a call last night: they know each other. One sells eyeglasses and the other works for an eye doctor. WHO would have known? I didn't. They didn't until my letter this week to say " I am praying for you." 



No kidding God moment!
His beauty. 
His amazing love.
Pouring in. 

1 comment:

podso said...

What an amazing, "God thing." And to know it brought you such joy. This is such a beautiful post! And I love your topper. So good to be at your house this morning.
thankful.