Friday, March 12, 2010

66 Love Letters

[_140_245_Book.141.cover.jpg]

by Dr. Larry Crabb
Thomas Nelson Publishing

I picked this book from BookSneeze
because I know who the author is. He
is a pychologist and an author. It is
his deep thinking that was the attraction
to pick this book. It is an excellent devotion
in letter form with God as one of the writers.
Each chapter takes a book from the Bible
and Crabb gives God's perspective: mainly
His infinite, abiding, everlasting , merciful
Love. It is not to be read fast. We are not
use to meditating and going slow. We like
to spin through even our Bible reading to
see what is up at the top of the ferris wheel.
On the way the scenery is a blur!
But Crabb takes you slowly through the 66
Books of the Bible with God as the writer of the
letter to you, so you will be closer to
God. I was always thinking about God's voice
while reading it. I was always thinking about
His plans which are always good, always working
things out, esp. in suffering. It was edifying and
led me to be more full of praise.

I recommend this book for those who
have a good knowledge of Scripture and want
to grow deeper in their praises unto Him.

YOU ARE MY TREASURE. ( believe God is saying
that to you.)

1 comment:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Thank you for this review. I know the author too and respect his work, and this one sounds particularly good. I look forward to getting myself a copy and savoring it, slowly.