Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cooking with Julie and Julia


A dear friend who I teach alongside
gave me a copy downloaded FREE
of the soundtrack of Julie and Julia.
I have been perked up this afternoon
after going over themes of Hamlet: revenge
and who is really the revenger, what are
the consequences and what does the Bible
say. I put the CD on while making calzones
with Trader Joe's pizza dough.

Evan,(bringing some to him,) is doing a
triathlon on Saturday. It's not a full one.
We head up to Boone tomorrow to be
his cheering squad. He gets to swim
across a mountain lake to start out.
My oldest did a half triathlon in Florida
last October. Not my cup of tea but I'm
proud of them. Quite a goal to attain.
So I was transported to France and
Queens this afternoon ~~ want to see the
movie again!


One of my favorite scenes at Le Cordon
Bleu:

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/4500000/-Julie-Julia-Production-Still-meryl-streep-4552552-400-300.jpg

3 comments:

podso said...

Well have fun cheering Evan! Sounds like a good family time. I wonder where she got the sound track?

Bonnie said...

I'll have to ask or make you a copy!

Bonnie

Pat said...

I still have not seen the movie...Soon..very soon...I just watched Julia this afternoon..She and her french friend were making crepes...I have always enjoyed her..