Thursday, May 15, 2008

We're done!


Got my literature final and grades to
my students today as they took the
20 page final in Humanities! Amazing
exercise in this curriculum. It strengthens
them. They find out they can do it!
After a lunch at a local pizza cafe, I
sat and read the recent Victoria Magazine:

"One ought , every day at least , to hear
a little song, read a good poem, see a fine
picture, and , if possible , to speak a few
reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von
Goethe

A dear friend and letter writer sent that quote
in a note to me last week that is in this issue.
The Blue and White issue!
One of my students gave me this book:

The Art of the Handwritten Note: A Guide to Reclaiming Civilized Communication

That was next and I love that she
wrote that the mail box doesn't have
a busy signal!

No comments: