Monday, February 23, 2015

for those who love books


Books and Art tumblr

"Since I turned the key on my study I have almost forgotten the familiar titles on which my eye rested whenever I took a survey of my book-shelves. Those friends stanch and true, with whom I have held such royal fellowship when skies were chill and winds were cold, will not forget me, nor shall I become unfaithful to them." from here

A Moonlight Boy. E W Howe. Boston: Ticknor and Company, 1886."About the time I began to realize that I was a moonlight boy, I also began to realize that among the instruments scattered about my home was a violin, and that I was expected to learn to play it; indeed, I believe now that the first time I ever thought seriously of violins, I found one in my hands…"
"About the time I began to realize that I was a moonlight boy, I also began to realize that among the instruments scattered about my home was a violin, and that I was expected to learn to play it; indeed, I believe now that the first time I ever thought seriously of violins, I found one in my hands…"
 

No comments: